The city of Conway founded by A. P. Robinson, the chief engineer who came to the city after the civil war to see the compensation – an area of land – received. It was one square mile and was near the old settlement of Cadron. After entering Railroad in this area, Robinson withdrew a small portion of the railway to create a depot there. He gradually began to develop the city around the warehouse and named it Conway Station in honor of the famous Arkansas family. There were only two small stores, two showrooms, a warehouse, a temporary apartment and a post office.
He developed as a trade center for the following years. Large areas of rural agriculture depended on Conway because of their commercial needs. In 1890, Hendrix College was founded in the city. Shortly after three years in 1893, Central College for Girls was founded, and Conway became a great educational center. In 1907, the University of Central Arkansas began operating as the Arkansas Normal School. The entire economy depended completely and heavily on agricultural and educational establishments. And so it was until World War II.
Conway entrepreneurs began to diversify the city's economy after World War II. Several small industries were created in the city. The headquarters of the Emergency Services Office, the Center for Human Development and the Arkansas Educational Television Network are some of the state institutions that were founded in the city of Conway. A large industrial / technological base provided the city with a complete balance. Kimberly Clark, Amtran, Virco, Baldwin Piano and Carrier are among the industrial giants available in the city.